Keeping you and your family safety is a big deal. But sometimes, it’s the little changes you make that add up to a big difference. We’ve collected these home security tips to help every member of the family feel safe and secure.
Here are 10 home security tips to help you and your family stay safe:
- Inspect smoke and carbon monoxide detectors for dust and lint build up that can hinder sensors.
- Whether you are buying, building or just remodeling your home make sure to select roofing that is fire resistant.
- If possible, install a locked mailbox at your home and never put outgoing mail containing personal information in an unsecured out-box or in your mailbox for pick up.
- To help prevent tipping off burglars, if you plan to be away from home for an extended period of time, set your phone ringer to the lowest volume.
- Never leave notes on your door for service people or visitors when you are not home. It’s a signal to burglars that the home is empty.
- Do not use indoor extension cords outdoors. A safe outdoor cord will read “Suitable for Use with Outdoor Appliances.”
- If your power goes out, a full freezer can hold food safely for up to 48 hours.
- It is recommended to have interconnected smoke alarms. These alarms are linked together; if one alarm is triggered they all go off.
- Never attempt to charge non-rechargeable batteries. Attempting to recharge non-rechargeable batteries could cause the batteries to explode.
- Oily rags can easily combust, even without being exposed directly to a flame. Hang them outside to dry, and then throw them away in a metal can with a lid when finished.
At this point in time, the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) has assessed the public health risk associated with COVID-19 as low for the general population in Canada but this could change rapidly. There…
- Mar 15
- 3 mins read
Subscribe to Our Blog
I want the latest update in...
- July 27, 2020
- 2 mins read
- July 18, 2020
- 3 mins read
- July 8, 2020
- 5 mins read
- May 19, 2020
- 4 mins read