When it comes to moving into a new home, there’s a lot to consider. From arranging a truck and getting help from friends or family, to organizing what goes where and what you should leave behind. In all of this, there’s no time for one to consider home security.
Your safety is one of the key things to think about when moving into a new neighbourhood. Moving could be a complete emotional rollercoaster for some, and even after you’re all settled in it feels like there’s something missing. That void is often a sense of security and the peace of mind that comes only with an active home security system installed at home, no matter how safe they say the neighbourhood is.
So what can you do to make sure you don’t leave behind that sense of security?
Before the move
Great you’ve got the keys to the place, now before you decide on a date to move, get your home assessed either in person or through phone with an authorized ADT home security expert available here, at Alarm Guard.
You could also get a monitored home security system installed even before you move in. Having a security expert review the home before moving in will help to identify security loopholes, which can then be addressed with a tailored security solution. This provides reassurance to new homeowners still getting to know their surroundings.
During the move
The process of moving possessions from one location to another can leave both properties vulnerable, as people tend to leave house and car doors wide open whilst they ferry boxes back and forth. Consider the following tips to ensure the safety of your belongings:
- Unattended open boxes on the footpath are as good as gone!
- Before you move in, change the locks. A past tenant could still have a copy of their spare key. Consider changing to a smart door lock for even more security.
- Check that contents insurance is up to date, and the policy has been transferred to the new address by moving day.
After the move
- You can’t be at home all the time… or can you? With ADT’s home automation technology and free mobile app, you can at least make it seem like you are home. Using you mobile app you could turn lights on or off lock or unlock doors and much more from anywhere in the world, making it look like someone’s home all the time.
- Take the time to talk to your neighbours! A two minute chat can make you a friend and give you insight on what’s been happening around your block.
Including home security in your moving process and planning can give new homeowners great peace of mind and the comfort needed to explore the neighbourhood. From a basic home security package through to live streaming and home automation solutions, Alarm Guard ADT has 24/7 professionally monitored home security systems to suit everyone’s needs.
Contact Alarm Guard today – call us at 1-855-979-9224 for free home assessment! Or visit www.alarmguard.ca for more information.
For restaurant owners, security has always been a major issue of concern. These shops, especially the independent mom-and-pop style operations, are one of the few remaining cash-and-carry locations around, meaning there’s always money on the…
- May 16
- 2 mins read
Subscribe to Our Blog
I want the latest update in...
- September 8, 2020
- 7 mins read
- September 3, 2020
- 4 mins read
- August 24, 2020
- 4 mins read
- August 19, 2020
- 3 mins read