- Feb 27
- 2 mins read
Beyond safety: The most unexpected and unique clips captured by video surveillance
Residential video surveillance and doorbell cameras have exploded in popularity over the past few years. Aside from serving as a powerful deterrent to would-be criminals, homeowners can easily monitor their property and even interact with guests at the door. Police also find the gadgets useful and now routinely post clips from the high-definition recordings showing potential perpetrators and incidents. However, because the cameras themselves are designed to capture any motion, they sometimes film scenes outside of their original purpose, resulting in one-of-a-kind clips.
- Unusual guest: Residents outside of cities are lucky enough to encounter wild animals in their natural habitat. For one homeowner, nature got a little too close for comfort. Sensing motion at the front door, a camera caught an extraordinary sight. Four wild horses slowly made their way onto the porch of a surprised family, whose home is situated on a grassy field. The calm creatures curiously looked through the windows and explored the front of the house. The resident politely encouraged the animals to leave, which after a few minutes, they finally did.
- A Texas home captured the terrifying sounds and sights of a nearby tornado. Luckily no residents were around, but the resulting film shows shaking lamps followed by powerful wind blowing loose items around the room with alarming ease.
- Pool party: Any family with a backyard pool knows that taking a refreshing dip is the best part of summer. However, in this case the splashing residents weren’t the homeowners, but instead a group of fun-loving racoons who were caught frolicking in the water. Though viewers may be surprised to see the animals swimming, they’re actually big fans of aquatics.
- One of the most popular uses for video surveillance at a house is to contend with “porch pirates.” These thieves snatch packages left on doorsteps before owners can arrive home and claim them. Such was the case for a suburban family who discovered the theft and reviewed their tapes to find the brazen burglar. Shockingly, the culprit was a fuzzy brown bear, who sniffed the box before crawling away with it in his mouth.
- Doggonit! A house’s surveillance camera caught the cutest mischief ever – a sneaky dog. The pet pooch knows better than to climb onto the owner’s furniture but video shows that the minute he’s home alone, he hops onto beds, rolling around and taking naps.
- For one home in Chilliwack, B.C., installing a doorbell camera kept their property safe. The same cannot be said for their eventful town. The owners compiled a year’s worth of clips to showcase the eventful happenings outside their front door. Car accidents, wild stunt driving and off-key singing are just some of the instances caught by the security device.
- Dance fever! An Indiana couple were alerted to a visitor at the front door by their smart phone security app. The UPS deliveryman dropped a package on their porch but also decided to get his groove on. The dancing stranger put a smile on the couple’s face and they decided to share the delightful clip.
To protect your home call 1-866-282-3331 or visit https://www.alarmguardsecurity.ca.
For restaurant owners, security has always been a major issue of concern. These shops, especially the independent mom-and-pop style operations, are one of the few remaining cash-and-carry locations around, meaning there’s always money on the…
- May 16
- 2 mins read
Subscribe to Our Blog
I want the latest update in...
- September 8, 2020
- 7 mins read
- September 3, 2020
- 4 mins read
- August 24, 2020
- 4 mins read
- August 19, 2020
- 3 mins read