Photoelectric smoke detectors that are a part of a security system will trigger when the inside chamber has been filled with smoke for a period of time. The smoke detector has a light-emitting diode that shoots a light source into the inner chamber. The light source scatters and when it can’t get through the particles in the smoke, and the unit recognizes the presence of smoke. Smoke detectors that are a part of a security system work best and detect fires in most stages of a fire such as smoldering, flame, or heat.
Electric smoke detectors use ionization to detect flaming fires at the first stage of a fire. For that reason they tend to go off when something is burning on the stove. Because they are prone to frequent false alarms, alot of people remove the batteries or disconnect the devices which leaves them unprotected in the case of a fire.
What Are The Advantages Of Having A Monitored Smoke With A Security System ?
- A monitored smoke detector can give you the chance to save pets even if your not home when the fire occurs.
- Smoke detectors that are attached in a security system may help you get an insurance discount
- Supervised by the security system all monitored devices notify you and your alarm company when a detector malfunctions or is low on batteries.
- In the event of a fire when you are not home or possibly sleeping a signal is sent to the monitoring station that a possible fire is in progress. This can save lives and reduce the response time to your home dramatically.
- Many security companies offer both the photoelectric smoke and heat sensor combined into one unit. Or both separated depending on the area being covered.
When it comes to the safety of your family it is important to be proactive rather than reactive. In the event of a fire it is very unforgiving and can take a life in a matter of seconds. Unfortunately it is one of those things that can occur to any home at any time through electrical or even forgetting something on the stove.
There truly is no amount of money in the world that can bring back a loved one, but there is a way to best prepare and reduce the losses before it happens.
For more information on how to be protected and reduce the risk of security threats in and around your home contact Alarm Guard Security, we are the professionals that care.
Visit Now !! or Call 1 866 282 3331