How Safe Is Your Home ? Top 5 Questions Need Answering..
Your home is where you live, where your family should feel safe and secure. So much investment is made into how our home looks we tend to ignore the truth about how secure it really is. We ignore the obvious and always say “it will never happen to me”. Unfortunately the burglar does not see it the same way, and for many they see it as an opportunity.
The following 10 questions will help you better understand how vulnerable your home may be to theft, vandalism and attack. Answering truthfully to the questions can give you much more insight into the simple threats and where your home rates into safety and security.
1) How well is your home lit up at night inside and outside the home ?
- My home has many lights on the exterior as well as the interior. All the lights are currently on a schedule so they illuminate even if my family is not home. (10 points)
- My home has an adequate amount of lights for both interior and exterior. Unfortunately I do not have them on a manual timer or schedule which means I have to manually turn them on when I am home. (5 points)
- Unfortunately my home does not have an adequate amount of lighting on the outside of the home. Nor do i have a timer (2 points)
2) Someone stole a parcel from my front door ?
- I know exactly who stole it, my doorbell camera has it all on video when it occurred including sound. (10 points)
- I have a good idea because my outdoor camera caught bits and pieces of someone lurking around my front area. (5 points)
- Honestly, I have no clue, I cannot tell when or who has taken it. I can speak with my neighbours to see if they saw anything.. (0 points)
3) What do you do if you believe you left a door unlocked ?
- I just have to check my TELUS smart home security system to see if it is unlocked. If it is, I simply press the lock and voila. (10 points)
- It’s ok, I have a security system so if someone comes in the alarm will go off and scare them away. (5 points)
- Depends how far I am from home, If I can go back and lock it I will, most likely will just hope nobody comes to my door. (0 points)
4) You notice your garage overhead door was left open when you return home ?
- It’s ok, I have a TELUS smart home with cameras. If someone went into my garage when I was gone it would have sent me a motion detection alert and started recording. (10 Points)
- I have a security system so if they broke into my home I would have been alerted. Unfortunately whatever was in the garage is at risk. (5 points)
- I will have to go through my garage and home to ensure someone didn’t break in as I currently do not have a security system. (0 points)
5) Somebody comes to your door very late in the evening, what do you do ?
- Fortunately I have a doorbell camera where I can see and speak with the person before unlocking my door. (10 points)
- I have my front door lights and I will be able to see who is at my front door through a window. If i recognize them i will unlock the door. (5 Points)
- Unfortunately i will have to decide whether I want to take a chance and open the door to see who it is or just not answer it. (0 Points)
Ok, now that you have answered each question let’s tally up your answers with the corresponding points associated with your answers..
PEACE OF MIND = 50 POINTS
If you received 50 points with your answers then you have taken the necessary steps in protecting your home. Congratulations and well done in keeping your family and home safe by having a smart home security solution.
SAFETY NEEDS ATTENTION = 20 POINTS +
You are aware of safety but unfortunately do not have all the tools to offer you peace of mind protection. You have the ability to use what you have but it may not be enough for when you need it most. Click Here For Help
MAJOR SAFETY CONCERN = UNDER 20 POINTS
Too many unknowns and loopholes with a high rate of safety concerns for you and your family. Your home needs attention to allow you to have awareness of what is occurring in and around your home. Call Alarm Guard Security who is a TELUS trusted provider for advice on how to get started with little or no money down on a new smart home security system. 1 866 282 3331
We currently live in a face paced environment and it is acceptable for many things to fall through the cracks on a day to day basis. Unfortunately security should be a priority in everyone’s life.
We are taught at a young age to be careful, choose our friends wisely and always stay away from trouble. As parents are responsible to not only preach the words of safety but to lead by example and teach them respectively.
Important aspects that you can address today is learning about some of the products and features you could expect from a smart home security and automation system. Live with confidence and some peace of mind that your home and family are protected.
Smart Home Security – refers to having a security system in your home that is compatible with adding layers of automation to enhance the safety and accessibility to essential parts of your home.
Smart Home Automation – refers to devices that can be accessible through your smartphone from anywhere in the world that holds a reception. For example: Unlocking your doors, turning lights on and off or having them on a schedule. Smart thermostat for adjusting temperatures and schedules and so much more…
Smart Video Analytics – refers to having video cameras attached to your smart home security that can help identify things that may happen when you are or are not at home. Motion detection and alerts, video storage and recording and so much more…
Take action today and get started on protection with very little to nothing up front on the cost of a new smart home security system with automation and video.
Don’t Play The Victim Card – Call Alarm Guard
1 866 282 3331
With the exception of 2020 and 2021 due to the covid19 pandemic, Alarm Guard Security has been creating opportunities for students in Canada for summer employment since 2005. The program was created to offer students…
- Apr 20
- 2 mins read
Subscribe to Our Blog
I want the latest update in...
- April 28, 2022
- 4 mins read
- April 20, 2022
- 2 mins read
- April 6, 2022
- 3 mins read
- March 20, 2022
- 4 mins read